You know what I love about New Years? I love the fresh start. I love making resolutions and looking back on what worked and didn't work over the previous 12 months. Also: lists. I heart lists. Hard.
These were last years resolutions:
In 2012 I aspired to:
Lose the baby weight (15lbs). This means working out 4 days a week.Of course, I got knocked up about two weeks after achieving said goal. It happens..
Run my first 10k (Eek!)I finished in one hour and 9 minutes! That's pretty good for a first timer. I loved reaching this goal!
Join another mommy's group. I'm actually now a board member of the mom's group I joined in 2012.
- Visit my hometown twice a month.- I think I achieved this? I actually don't know.
As a family we hoped to:
Take Archer to the beach for the first time.It was awesome!
Visit family in Florida.
Pay off one large debt.Yep! We paid off my car!
Start the process of buying a HOUSE. Bonus points for actually buying a house.We now plan on renting, but the process was definitely started.
- HAVE ANOTHER BABY.
- Watch less t.v and read more. I'm pretty excited about this one! Any suggestions?
- Once the dust settles enough, I hope to start a working out. I'm thinking after the last early morning nursing sesh. I need to workout in order to be a good wife, mom, human being.
- Make more time for fun.
- Pay off at least one debt.
- Open Maddox's 529 plan before his first birthday (Archer was 10 months old before I opened his).
- Budget more time and/or money for charitable giving.
- Move into a new place.
- Have our first housewarming party (one of my favorite kinds!).
- Teach Archer how to swim (neither J nor I can very well!).
- Get better at saying, "No" to people and better at having unscheduled family time.
What are your goals for the new year?